Thursday, June 11, 2009

plans...

They tell you to write about what you know and this is what I know.

I am 33 and have lived with alopecia since I was 2. So I have been through it all, teased in elementary school, middle school, high school, dating with alopecia, marriage and now kids. I am happy to share stories and advice on how I coped with it at every stage of my life.

I hope that through this blog I can share the insight and knowledge I have gained over the years. I am in a very happy place in life now - I am in a wonderful 5 yr long marriage and have 2 beautiful daughters. I know I have come a long way.

I'll be sharing information:
  1. for parents of kids with Alopecia or if someone you love has alopecia - insight into what I felt at each age - kid, teenager, young adult.
  2. for teens/young adults living with Alopecia - tips on make up & hairpieces (like most i hate the word "wig")
  3. for single adults living with Alopecia - dating tips - highs and lows
  4. my continued fears as a parent - how can I not be fearful that someday my daughters will get alopecia and how I cope with the idea

I know that there is a large community of families effected by Alopecia and I want to help.